Hi, I’m Laura Lamere, rocker mom (or just insert mom of creative kids – one of whom happened to sing in a rock band), writer and former public relations executive.
I started blogging as a way to share my experiences as a music parent. At the time, my eldest son, my musician and singer, was off to college – leaving me with a rather large hole to fill in my heart and in my life. Writing made me feel a little better. And my fellow bloggers became an inspiration.
Today, I’m also an entrepreneur and founder of Pavoh, a four-year-old 501(c)(3) nonprofit created to support young musicians. The name Pavoh is based on a constellation – our programs connect the dots between youth and accessible music opportunities. I’m passionate about helping young people find success. Learn more about Pavoh: www.pavoh.org and read the Pavoh Blog.
- Seven Generations Board Member for City Year Boston
- AMPassador for the National Association of Music Parents
- Past member of the Weston (Massachusetts) Cultural Council
- Boston Youth Voice and The Music Industry – Epicenter Community
- How parents and grandparents can support and champion music education – on Musicstage.co