Dear Parent: If your teen is already playing music in the basement with his friends and they have several cover songs and a few original tunes, they’re probably getting sick of playing for each other with only the spiders (and you) for an audience. They want to find a gig! If you want to help them, then (Congrats!) you are the Band Manager. Welcome to Parent as Band Manager – the series by Laura Lamere!
Related articles by Laura Lamere
- Parent as Band Manager 101
- Parent as Band Manager 102
- Parent as Band Manager 103
- Parent as Band Manager 104
Guest Author: Parent Band Manager
Guest author, Chris Gowland, is an experienced Parent Band Manager for TheCranks. He’s managed and produced them since their start in 2006. Chris’ work with the band has been an archetype of an indie band do-it-yourself success model – developing their online presence, distribution, producing and publishing two CD’s, and booking more than 100 gigs for them to date.
The Digital Recording Guidebook by Chris Gowland:
- The Esssential Home Recording Studio Equipment List
- Home Recording Primer – Make Good Choices!
- How to Get Better Quality Recordings Without Buying More Gear
- Recording Foundation Tracks (Part 1) – Do It Wrong and Ruin the Song
- Recording Foundation Tracks (Part 2)